We are expanding Team Clix with individuals who are passionate about internet marketing and digital trends. Join us and make an impact!
Clix is a growing St. Louis-based digital marketing agency and is searching for a determined, talented, and resourceful website designer who is capable of planning, creating, and coding exceptional web pages intended to engage users and present brands creatively, accurately, and professionally. The ideal candidate will be proficient and efficient in the development of web pages on the WordPress content management system (CMS).
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts (i.e. sketches, wireframes, etc.), and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
Clix boasts an autonomous environment in which entrepreneurial and independent persons are welcomed and encouraged. The ideal candidate will be someone who brings a unique flavor to Clix’s diverse team of online marketing professionals. Bring your experiences, your opinions, and your A-game! We look forward to having you and you making an impact from Day 1.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume the roles of website design consultant, website design project manager, and website designer.
- Strategize with clients to develop game plans and purpose for redesigns and development of client websites. The ideal candidate will be a trusted consultant who will recommend only what’s in the best interest of the client.
- Plan out projects to meet deadlines and ensure projects do not encroach budgets. The ideal candidate will be an organized project manager.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to development on the WordPress CMS. The ideal candidate will execute to the best of his or her abilities per the strategy and plan developed prior to design.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Clix team, especially those in the design department.
- Lastly, the ideal candidate will challenge him/herself to stay on top of new trends, learn new design theory, and improve general development skills related to WordPress and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design OR equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of design experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WordPress, HTML5, and CSS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Typekit).
- Proficient with Mac hardware and software.
- Ability to design with the mobile user in mind, especially considering the trajectory of web usability.
- Familiarity with SEO/web analytics techniques and tools such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools preferred.
- Creative, resourceful and independent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects, meet deadlines, manage priorities and communicate progress.
- Curiosity to learn new software, methods and project management methods
- Ability to wear multiple hats, so to speak.
I WANT TO JOIN THE TEAM