As you may know, Google has been hard at work driving around the world to get street view photos for Google Maps. During the last few years, Google has had people going around in cars, trikes, and even snowmobiles to capture these images!
For businesses this is great! Potential customers can easily get directions and view what the outside of the business looks like ahead of time. This makes planning directions and actually finding the place you’re looking for much easier, which is especially helpful if a business is hard to reach, difficult to see from the street, requires a quick turn, etc.
If you do happen to find something that may give too much information away, then you can easily report any issues you have. You can report anything from a picture you think contains something inappropriate to a blurry picture of your business building that you would like fixed.
To report an image, simply follow these easy steps:
- 1. Go to maps.google.com
- 2. Enter the address of the location you would like to view
- 3. Click the street view image
- 4. You will then be taken to a full-screen street view. (Keep in mind that the top left address is just a range of the addresses nearby, while the address in the bottom left hand side is the address you searched.)
- 5. Click “report a problem” in the bottom right hand corner
- 6. You will be directed to a form to fill out. After you fill out the form accordingly then press “submit” to have your issue addressed/resolved.
Check out your business or home on Google Maps. If you do not like the photo for whatever reason, then you can easily follow the steps above to report the photo. Happy Google Mapping!